The model for this pattern is Ruby Red Galleria’s resin Bleuette/Charmette,
shown with the Charmette face plate. Custom face-up by Michele Hardy.
Throughout Bleuette’s 106 year history, her outfits and patterns have reflected the changing clothing styles of the girls who played with her. In preparation for this pattern, I researched the fall/winter 2011 collections of contemporary designer clothing for girls and tweens. The colors this season are visually unexpected, and the designs are strong and sophisticated…just like the tweens who wear them.
This pattern includes:
1. Space Case – A-line dress with long sleeves, closes in the back with snaps
2. Hoodie or Not – A-line dress with hood, long sleeves, and ruffle trimmed hemline, closes in the front with hooks and eyes
3. Swirly Q – Empire waist dress with long sleeves, flared skirt, and ruffle trimmed hemline, closes in the front with snaps
4. Birthday Girl – A-line dress with yoke seaming, long sleeves, and ruffle trimmed hemline, closes in the back with snaps
5. Flower Child Cap – Eight gore cap with visor
6. Leggings – Capri or Ankle length
7. Shorty Pants – Low rise panties – coordinate with the Swirly Q dress, or pair with the Tank Top or Turtleneck Top in the #53 Perfect 10 pattern